About Us and Why We’re Hiring
We construct “You Want a Finances,” the very best budgeting software program round. (However folks within the know name us YNAB, which is pronounced “why-nab”). For greater than a decade, folks have been shopping for YNAB after which telling their mates what a distinction it has made of their lives. Google us, or learn a few of our reviews on the app store, and also you’ll see what we imply. We love constructing one thing that actually adjustments folks’s lives, and now we have a powerful (if we do say so ourselves) ecosystem of apps, dwell courses, and stellar assist.
As YNAB continues to develop, we’re in search of pleasant, technically-savvy buyer assist specialists to hitch our workforce! It’s a part-time (25-29 hours per week) distant place, and also you would possibly simply be an ideal match. You’ll realize it if you happen to’re considerably of a YNAB wizard already (or are fast to study!), and are recognized for being useful, empathetic, affected person, and superior–significantly in the case of technical drawback fixing and explaining difficult issues in a means anybody can perceive.
We love our YNAB clients, and we need to make certain they love their assist expertise. You’ll sit up for each chat message and electronic mail, as a result of it’s a possibility to assist one other individual achieve management of their cash and change into a greater budgeter.
That’s a super-brief intro, and there’s much more to it. However first, you have to know if you happen to’ll even like working with us. (We predict you’ll.)
- Understanding of, or willingness to study, YNAB
- Tech-savvy. We’re not saying you have to know C++, however navigating a number of packages directly and troubleshooting technical points shouldn’t scare you
- Wonderful written English
- Out there to work 5-6 hours a day, 5 days per week (together with a Saturday or Sunday)
We’re worthwhile, bootstrapped, and rising. YNAB began in 2004, and we haven’t taken any outdoors funding—we’re in it for the lengthy haul.
We now have one overarching requirement in the case of becoming a member of our workforce: our Core Values want to essentially click on with you. For those who’re nodding emphatically whereas studying it, you’ll most likely match proper in, by which case, we will’t wait to listen to from you!
First, let’s discuss life at YNAB, after which we’ll go into element about what we’re in search of.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
Natalie is our Help Onboarding Supervisor—which suggests she has the very best job ever. She walks you thru your first few months on the workforce and helps you study all there’s to learn about supporting our customers. When not working, you’ll discover her spending time along with her household, planning her subsequent trip, or taste-testing queso.
Your Crew: Throughout your first few months, you’ll be part of a workforce of different new assist specialists, together with a couple of seasoned specialists who assist you in your new position. You’ll have your personal Slack channel, and work collectively as you navigate your new place at YNAB. After the onboarding interval, you’ll transition to a everlasting workforce of skilled specialists and a passionate supervisor who’re keen that can assist you proceed to study and develop with the workforce!
How You’ll Work at YNAB
We work actually onerous to make working at YNAB a tremendous expertise (we’ve even been named Fortune’s #1 Best Small Company to Work For) and have a workforce filled with really distinctive folks—the sort you’ll be excited to work with. Right here’s how we function:
Stay The place You Need
We’re a totally distributed workforce, so you possibly can dwell and work wherever you need. Proximity doesn’t affect productiveness. Simply be sure you have a dependable web connection and can be found to your scheduled shifts.
Take Trip (Significantly)
Simply because you possibly can work from anyplace, it doesn’t imply it is best to—we wish you to take trip. It’s essential to get out and do one thing. We provide a PTO plan for our part-time workforce members that kicks in after your first 8 weeks, and sit up for seeing photos of your trip in our in our #office_wall Slack channel.
Worldwide is Completely Okay
Our workforce is unfold everywhere in the world, together with Switzerland, Argentina, Mexico, Canada, the UK, and everywhere in the United States. We at present arrange workforce members who dwell within the U.S. or U.Ok. as staff, and people who dwell in different international locations as impartial contractors.
We provide retirement advantages for our staff within the U.S. and the U.Ok. Within the U.Ok., we contribute six p.c to your pension; within the U.S., we provide each Conventional and Roth 401k choices, and we match your contributions as much as six p.c of your paycheck. You’re eligible after your first eight weeks and YNAB’s matches vest instantly. (Are you a private finance junkie like our founder Jesse? He arrange YNAB’s 401k to have the bottom charge construction attainable, the place all plan prices are paid by YNAB, not your retirement nest egg. The funding funds obtainable are implausible, passively-managed, extremely low-cost index funds. You’re not a PF junkie? Belief us, it’s superior.)
We wish your schedule to be sustainable, so we’ll work with you to seek out one which works effectively in your life. This usually appears like a complete of 25-29 hours unfold throughout 5 days of the week, together with one Saturday or Sunday. After all, life occurs and chances are you’ll want to speak together with your supervisor about adjusting your hours once in a while, however it is best to anticipate working the identical schedule every week.
Your First Eight Weeks
All assist specialist roles start with an eight week short-term employment settlement. Possibly you’ve by no means had a distant place earlier than, or it’s your first time working in electronic mail or chat assist. This short-term interval helps each you and us verify this job is an efficient match. Our onboarding interval supplies intensive coaching and suggestions when you study the ins and outs of the position. Whereas we don’t anticipate any points (we solely provide positions to these we really feel assured in), these first few weeks are additionally a possibility for us to double-check that you may meet the expectations now we have for our specialists. On the finish of week 8, if we’re each feeling nice about it, we’ll ship a brand new worker settlement for a everlasting place on the workforce.
- After your onboarding interval, we DEMAND (in a pleasant, ALL CAPS IS YELLING means) that you simply fill out your Bucket Record spreadsheet with 50 gadgets. (That’s tougher than it sounds!) Good issues then comply with.
- The bucket checklist additionally actually helps in deciding what we must always provide you with to your birthday and Christmas.
- After your first 8-weeks, we’ll set you up with a shiny new laptop
- Did I point out we make an enormous, constructive distinction in folks’s lives? It’s possible you’ll not suppose that issues a lot, however then a couple of months down the street you’ll understand it’s made your job actually, actually pleasurable. Don’t underestimate this one!
- If this feels like your very best surroundings, learn on as a result of now I need to discuss you. You’ll play an enormous half in serving to folks succeed at budgeting with YNAB. You’ll change lives.
Now, again to you, our new Help Specialist…
What Success Appears to be like Like:
At YNAB, our purpose is for our customers to realize life-changing monetary management. No small factor, proper? You’ll be part of our ever-growing assist workforce and work collectively to ship fast, correct, and pleasant responses by way of electronic mail and chat.
You stability readability, accuracy, personalization, and velocity as you craft a reply to a consumer’s electronic mail. Then with time and observe, you’ll be snug taking up essentially the most troublesome conversations.
You’re extremely captivated with nice buyer assist. When you might not have an official assist background, you perceive the position it performs within the success of a enterprise and know the work you do makes an actual distinction to our customers.
You’re keen on problem-solving. You’ll have the unattainable process of seeing the forest and the bushes. You’ll dive into the depths of a buyer’s challenge, infer from their (typically obscure) descriptions precisely what’s occurring, anticipate the place they could get confused subsequent, and clearly clarify what they should do with the intention to have continued success with YNAB.
You’re tech-savvy. Possibly you’ve dabbled in APIs or geek out over knowledge in a spreadsheet, or possibly you’re merely the go-to individual for family and friends when an app or program isn’t working. Regardless, you recognize your means round a pc, and might simply navigate the a number of instruments and packages we use day-after-day (usually concurrently!). And when one thing doesn’t work as anticipated, you’re feeling assured troubleshooting the problem your self.
You don’t thoughts answering the identical query a number of instances a day, as a result of it’s a special buyer every time—one other probability to make somebody’s day. You handle to exceed expectations even when delivering a special reply than the shopper hoped for. You additionally love that repetition provides you an opportunity to establish enhancements and efficiencies in our work, and are fast to share what you discover with the workforce.
You’re actually good at switching gears. You’ll reply three emails in a row—one about tips on how to get a reluctant partner to funds, the subsequent a few financial institution not pulling in transactions, and one other from a university pupil who realized they really want a funds for all their pizza and ramen—and never miss a beat.
You already know that velocity of response is extraordinarily essential, however you possibly can stroll that positive line between velocity and accuracy. You’re a grasp of being clear and pleasant throughout the identical sentence, and constantly meet or exceed our team-wide metrics. Although you may be a perfectionist, you recognize when it’s time to ship it and click on ship.
You play actually properly with others. You’re versatile. You adapt and regulate. You choose up conversations mid-stream from a colleague who’s off for the weekend, and provide a digital high-five when the dialog is closed: buyer glad. And after we ask you to leap in on a undertaking with different assist specialists, or lend your abilities to a fellow workforce member, it’s your greatest week ever. We’re a workforce of useful and pleasant folks; you match proper in.
You like to study. You’re keen on constructive suggestions as a result of it helps you enhance. You sit up for getting suggestions in your responses as a result of you recognize it is a chance to study and see another person’s standpoint.
You get pleasure from taking that one additional step past what’s anticipated. You’re artistic in that means. You constantly pressure us to ask you questions like, “How do you know the shopper meant ‘x’, when he was saying ‘y’ the entire time?”
You’re open-minded. Even if you happen to do have prior buyer assist expertise, you’re not afraid to study how we do issues at YNAB, and seeing how our workforce goes above and past.
A Day within the Life…
You all the time know your schedule, as a result of it’s constant week after week. Let’s say you’re employed Tuesday by Saturday from 5pm – 10pm UTC (that’s 1pm-6pm Jap Time). It’s Wednesday, and also you’ve opened your laptop computer to begin working. You clock in and spend a couple of minutes catching up on any essential updates since yesterday.
It’s the primary day of the month, so the queue is busier than regular, however that’s anticipated. To heat up, you handle any follow-ups which may be lingering because you have been final within the queue. Just a few are from customers letting you recognize your final responses solved their points completely, so your day is off to an awesome begin!
Then, you head to the again of the queue and choose up a few the oldest conversations. You’re usually stunned by the complexity of questions you see, however you’re excited for the problem every one brings. And you recognize you possibly can skip those past your information degree, after tagging it together with your title so you possibly can study what you didn’t know.
As soon as the e-mail queue is in fine condition, you start your chat shift and benefit from the big selection of matters coming your means. After a pair hours, you end up your chat shift and comply with up with a couple of chatters by way of electronic mail.
At present you may have your common one-to-one together with your supervisor, so that you pop in your headphones and hop on a video name to speak about your metrics, objectives, and produce up some concepts you may have on how we will make the assist expertise extra easy for our customers.
Earlier than you recognize it your work day is over, so that you say goodbye to your workforce in Slack, change your Slack standing, and rapidly scan your process checklist and calendar for tomorrow. Glad with the day’s work, you shut your laptop computer and transfer on with the remainder of your day.
You’re our very best candidate if you happen to:
- Are a wonderful self-manager and might ship as much as 9 electronic mail replies per hour.
- Can flawlessly navigate dwell chat conversations.
- Can decide to a set schedule of 25-29 hours per week, with one shift on Saturday or Sunday.
- Worth excellence and steady enchancment. On the identical time.
- Have glorious written English.
- You simply adapt to vary—issues transfer rapidly round right here.
- Perceive how each assist response is an expression of the YNAB tradition and model.
- Are thought-about a stellar communicator.
- Like to brighten somebody’s day.
- Can tactfully ship troublesome information and get a thanks for it. You’re that good.
- Take pleasure in attempting stuff you haven’t ever achieved earlier than.
- Aren’t afraid to ask questions and are available to each 1:1 with matters to debate.
- Are wildly productive and impartial, however a team-player at coronary heart.
- Have a laptop computer or laptop to your 8-week coaching interval (a pill or Chromebook gained’t fairly lower it for a number of the packages we use).
Bonus factors if:
- You already use and love YNAB.
- You will have expertise working remotely.
- You will have buyer assist expertise.
- You will have educating expertise.
Pay for this position is $20 an hour through the 8-week short-term coaching interval, and will increase to $22 an hour for everlasting part-time workforce members.
YNAB is an equal alternative employer. We imagine variety of backgrounds, beliefs, skills, and experiences to be essential to our success and are captivated with making a welcoming, supportive, and collaborative surroundings for all staff. All are inspired to use as we proceed to develop a wise, hard-working, and various workforce who love working collectively to construct one thing that issues.
How you can Apply:
Please submit your software by 11:59pm PST on Friday, January 28, 2022.
Connect a PDF of your cowl letter. In your cowl letter:
- Introduce your self and clarify why this place is of curiosity to you, and why you’d be an awesome match. Please restrict this part of the quilt letter to 1 web page.
- On a separate web page of your cowl letter, reply the next questions (with every response being a few paragraph in size):
- What excites you most about this place?
- What’s your favourite firm to be a buyer of?
- What are your favourite and least favourite elements of your present or most up-to-date job?
- Inform us a few time whenever you needed to study one thing new to excel at your job.
- If in case you have a ready resume, connect it in PDF type. For those who don’t have a resume since you aren’t even positive you’re seeking to change jobs, that’s positive! An off-the-cuff checklist of your work and training historical past is all we’re in search of.
- Please tell us if you need to reveal a necessity for lodging in reference to the recruitment and hiring course of. In that case, contact us at [email protected] and point out within the topic line that you simply’re making use of for the Help Specialist position.
- Notice: although we all know it’s customary in some areas, we’d desire if you happen to didn’t share a headshot in your software supplies. Thanks!
We’re excited to listen to from you!
P.S. We’ll ship you a affirmation electronic mail when you apply. Please add that electronic mail to your secure sender checklist, to make sure that future emails come by. (For those who don’t obtain it, please verify your Promotions inbox, junk folder, or any filters you’ll have arrange.)
P.P.S. For those who’re not all in favour of or obtainable for this place, however know somebody who’s, we’d actually recognize it if you happen to handed this alongside!