About Us and Why We’re Hiring
We construct “You Want a Finances,” one of the best budgeting software program round. (However folks within the know name us YNAB, which is pronounced “why-nab”). For greater than a decade, folks have been shopping for YNAB after which telling their pals what a distinction it has made of their lives. Google us, or learn a few of our reviews on the app store, and also you’ll see what we imply. We love constructing one thing that actually modifications folks’s lives, and we now have a formidable (if we do say so ourselves) ecosystem of apps, reside lessons, and stellar assist.
As we wind down 2022 and put together for the brand new 12 months, we’re searching for tech-savvy, pleasant, Seasonal Buyer Help Specialists. It is a short-term, part-time (23-27 hours per week), distant place starting in early November 2022 and going by way of mid-February 2023. In case you’re a YNAB consumer already (or prepared to study!) and are identified for being useful, affected person, and superior, we need to hear from you!
Now we have one overarching requirement in relation to becoming a member of our crew—even quickly: our Core Values have to actually click on with you. In case you’re nodding emphatically whereas studying it, you’ll most likely match proper in!
- Understanding of, or willingness to study, YNAB.
- Tech-savvy. We’re not saying you should know C++, however navigating a number of applications directly and troubleshooting technical points shouldn’t scare you
- Wonderful written English
- Out there to work 23-27 hours per week, with shifts between 4 and eight hours (together with a Saturday or Sunday)
Extra about our perfect Seasonal Help Rep…
January is our busiest time of the 12 months! We obtain 1000’s of messages from outdated and new YNABers alike who need to begin off the 12 months on the correct foot. We wish you to affix our devoted assist crew to assist us reply every of those messages in a pleasant and well timed method.
You’ll be the face of YNAB. We’ll prepare you to reply the commonest questions our customers have so that you’ll have the ability to make a distinction out of your very first shift.
You received’t thoughts answering the identical query a number of instances in the identical shift, as a result of it’s a unique buyer every time—one other probability to make somebody’s day.
You’re additionally in a position to change gears comparatively shortly. It’s possible you’ll reply a number of bank card questions in a row, then effortlessly change to a direct import problem if you come throughout it.
You handle to exceed expectations even if you ship a unique reply than the client hoped for.
You recognize that pace of response is extraordinarily vital, however you may stroll that positive line between pace and accuracy. You’re a grasp of being direct and pleasant throughout the identical sentence.
You’re a crew participant. You recognize that your efficiency impacts the crew as a complete, and are continuously striving to make your self, and thus the crew, higher.
You love taking that one little additional step past what’s anticipated. You’re inventive in that method.
Who You’d Be Working With:
Natalie & Renae are on our assist onboarding crew and will probably be your managers throughout your time at YNAB. They’ve the unbelievable privilege of strolling you thru all of the ins and outs of YNAB assist. Together with the whole onboarding crew, they’re excited to be proper there with you as you’re employed within the queue. You’ll have many alternatives to ask questions, get suggestions and obtain loads of digital high-fives.
Your crew of fellow seasonal assist reps will possible be a few of the greatest folks you’ve ever labored with. It’s possible you’ll be unfold over the globe, however you’ll come collectively in your Slack (our inner communication platform) channels for a fast good day earlier than hopping into the queue.
A Day within the Life:
You’re sometimes scheduled for a 5 hour shift, however issues are busy within the queue this week and you’ve got some flexibility in your schedule, so that you supplied to work six hours at the moment. That additional hour means much more customers you get to please together with your responses.
You begin your shift by checking for any current updates and bulletins. As soon as caught up there, you shut Slack to attenuate distractions as you head into the queue.
Your first cease is your follow-ups. You had yesterday off, so your teammates took care of most of them, however there are a couple of that got here in earlier this morning—together with some from customers letting you understand your final responses solved their points completely, so your day is off to an incredible begin!
Then, new conversations will probably be routed to you and also you’ll reply to every one. You’re usually stunned by the complexity of the questions you see, however you’re excited for the problem every one brings. And you understand you may hand off those past your degree, and plan for a while out of the queue to fill in these data gaps.
Immediately you’ve gotten your one-to-one assembly together with your supervisor, so that you pop in your headphones and hop on a video name to speak about your metrics, objectives, and a few difficult conversations you desire a second opinion on.
Earlier than you understand it your work day is over, so that you say goodbye to your crew in Slack, change your Slack standing, and shortly scan your activity checklist and calendar for tomorrow. Happy with the day’s work, you shut your laptop computer and transfer on with the remainder of your day.
You’re who we’re searching for should you:
- Are a wonderful self-manager and may meet the efficiency expectations set by your supervisor.
- Can decide to a set schedule of 23-27 hours per week, with shifts between 4 and eight hours (together with a Saturday or Sunday)
- Worth excellence and steady enchancment. On the identical time.
- Have glorious written English.
- Perceive how each assist response is an expression of the YNAB tradition and model.
- Are thought of a stellar communicator.
- Love brightening somebody’s day.
- Can tactfully ship troublesome information and get a thanks for it. You’re that good.
- Get pleasure from rolling with the punches and making an attempt belongings you haven’t ever performed earlier than.
- Aren’t afraid to ask questions and are available to each 1:1 with matters to debate.
- Are wildly productive and impartial, however a team-player at coronary heart.
- Have a dependable laptop computer or pc for work (a pill or Chromebook received’t fairly lower it for a few of the applications we use).
- You already use and love YNAB.
- You have got Buyer Help expertise.
- You can be found to work someday between 4pm and 10pm UTC.
Pay for this seasonal place will probably be $18 USD per hour
YNAB is an equal alternative employer. We consider range of backgrounds, beliefs, skills, and experiences to be essential to our success and are captivated with making a welcoming, supportive, and collaborative atmosphere for all staff. All are inspired to use as we proceed to develop a sensible, hard-working, and various crew who love working collectively to construct one thing that issues.
The best way to Apply
Please be aware that whereas YNAB is totally distant, as a result of this explicit position is a short-term, short-term place, it’s essential to both reside outdoors the U.S. or reside in one of many following states: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin. We’re additionally not in a position to rent in the UK for this position.
- Write a canopy letter (hooked up as a PDF) introducing your self explaining why this place pursuits you and why you’d be an incredible match. Cowl letters are supposed to promote, so promote us!
- On a separate web page of your cowl letter, reply the next questions (with every response being a couple of paragraph in size):
- What’s your secret to nice buyer assist?
- What excites you most about this place?
- Inform us a couple of time if you needed to study one thing new to excel at your job.
- What hours of the day give you the results you want? What days of the week are off limits?
- As talked about, we’d like seasonal staff who can work from early November (November 7, to be precise) by way of mid-February, please tell us you probably have any break day wants throughout this time.
- Connect your resume as a PDF.
- Deadline for purposes is 11:59pm ET on October 1, 2022. Agency. It’s an actual deadline.
We are able to’t wait to listen to from you!
P.S. We’ll ship you a affirmation electronic mail when you apply. Please add that electronic mail to your protected sender checklist, to make sure that future emails come by way of. (In case you don’t obtain it, please verify your promotions inbox, junk folder, or any filters you will have arrange.)
P.P.S. Please bear in mind that whereas we’ve traditionally stored a gaggle of seasonal assist specialists past the preliminary seasonal time interval, this 12 months we don’t intend to transform any short-term contracts into everlasting ones. You possibly can anticipate this position to final now not than 16 weeks.